Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sadistic Pleasures..


(Image source: http://thememoryofrain.blogspot.com/)

It's been raining daily here. I love watching the rain. But strangely it introduces a feeling of sadness and loneliness. Rain is like a sadistic pleasure to me!

Well anyways, things are going weird at my end. I am feeling tired and worn out these days. Only positive is I meet loads of crazy people here. Sadistic fun!

This is a conversation with one of the placement officers of a "self-proclaimed" best college in Hubli-

--------------------------------------------------------
PO:Hello Mr. XYZ(while reading my profile). If you don't mind, I can see you've worked in ABC company(a software company in Bangalore). What you're doing here?
Me: (Even I don't know what I'm doing. Some days, I wake up and struggle to remember where am I and how the hell I reached here.) Ma'am, it's not just about brand name. It's kind of work profile that matters to me.

PO:(confused) You're passout of Dhirubhai Ambani college. Do you know about their school in mumbai? How good it is?
Me: (What? Seriously what?) No ma'am. But my guess is that it would be good.(Why is she taking my interview?)

PO: Oh..you've scored 99.3 percentage in Maths in CAT. Where did you loose 0.7 marks?(laughing as if trying to make a joke)
Me: (Shocked! Who made her a placement officer?) Ma'am it's not percentage. I've mentioned too. It's percentile.

PO: Oh..so you want to give a presentation on MBA. Why is this MBA in demand these days? I mean I'm not able to figure out why everyone in corporate is shouting MBA MBA? What do they teach in 2 years?
Me:(Lady you are the placement officer! Somebody get me out of here! Who hired her?) (Was about to say something but interrupted...)

PO: Oh you know I'm really interested in Maths. Do you teach shortcuts? Can you please teach me a few shortcuts in Maths?
Me:(My brain couldn't bear more shocks..I give up) Yes ma'am. Gave few questions and explained how to solve it using options. (Took me 20 minutes to explain one question and 15 minutes for next one.)

PO: Oh! I forgot? What were you here for?
Me: (Seeing a pencil stand infront of her and remembering the scene of The Dark Knight where joker appears for the first time - does the magic of disappearing the pencil) Ma'am I wanted to have a workshop in your college.

PO: Oh yeah yeah...You see we've really good students here (wanted to add - and a great PO too). They'll surely benefit from you. Do you have any present batches for CAT going on?
Me: Yes ma'am. Two batches having 10 students(lied. In reality - 0 students)

PO: What? Only 20 students? Why only 20?
Me: (Get me out! SOS! I'm dialing for ambulance..) Ma'am we've just started. We're trying to create an awareness so that more students can benefit from us.

PO: Ok. I'll try to see if we can work out a seminar from you guys. Thanks for maths problems.
Me:(exhausted) Thanks ma'am

---------------------------------------------

Exhausted after an hour of torture...
Current Issues:
 

2 comments:

    Mindblowing!! ROFLOL..its incredible to meet such morons isnt it? But I must say it was very well written! :D

     

    he he he he he........Bhatia saab,us PO ne join kiya ki nh??

     
Related Posts with Thumbnails